Blog Nutrition&Wellness

Why Intuitive Eating is so Important

By

 

 

When we’re children, intuitive eating comes naturally to us. We eat when we’re hungry, we stop when we’re full, we eat what’s appealing to us and we don’t over analyze our food choices. As we get older, society teaches us all of these “rules” around eating that we feel we have to follow and we forget what it’s like to listen to our bodies and eat mindfully. The good news is, we always have the power to unlearn these “rules” and tune back into our bodies every time we sit down to eat.

Our body is smarter than you’d think, but for some reason we don’t trust it enough. We think that if we let go of diets and counting calories in exchange for intuitive eating that we are just going to go wild and eat a bag of chips and a pint of ice cream every single day. This couldn’t be farther from the truth, because in order to feel our best and function with as much energy as possible, we need to fuel our body with high-quality nutrients most of the time, and it knows this! As soon as you let go of restrictions and dieting for good, you will realize that you won’t even crave “junk” food most of the time. You won’t over eat because you won’t  feel deprived, and you’ll never lack energy because you’ll give yourself the right amount of nutrients and fuel.

Food is fuel, yes, but it’s also meant to be enjoyed. Diets and calorie counting can easily lead to disordered eating patterns that diminish your quality of life, and life is too damn short for that if you ask me! We’ve made eating healthy and nutritious way too complicated when it really is super simple. Just listen to what your body needs, feed it with nutritious foods 80% of the time, and treat yourself the other 20%! Once you completely trust in yourself and in your body to make the right choices when it comes to food, you will find that you will trust yourself in every other area of your life as well. Your relationship with food is simply a mirror for your relationship with everything else in your life, including yourself. So start trusting yourself today, eat what your body needs when it wants to, and watch your life drastically change for the better!

Sending you so much health, peace, clarity & good vibes,

xoxo

Rach

You may also like

Post A Comment

Your email address will not be published.